Date:Wednesday July 1 2009
Dagenham & Redbridge will challenge Colchester United`s compensation payment for latest U`s signing, Magnus Okuonghae after it emerged Charlton would have paid more.
The highly-rated youngster joined the U`s today on a two year deal after rejecting an offer of a new contract in May. He becomes the club`s fifth signing of the summer so far.
Although Okuonghae was a free agent, since he is under 24, Dagenham are entitled to compensation and will fight for more than Colchester have already promised to part with as a part of the transfer.
A source in Epping Forest Guardian said: "The offer we've received is only a fraction of what we wanted. We are a long, long way off in terms of valuation of the player."
Okuonghae will sill begin pre-season training with United, but the Daggers are aggrieved by this dispute and it could be settled in a tribunal.
"The fact is Okuonghae was going nowhere until he came to us. We've made him a success and we want a price that reflects that," it was explained.
As well as Charlton, a clutch of other clubs, including Plymouth, Queens Park Rangers, Peterborough and Watford showed an interest in the player.
He told BBC Essex he was 'over the moon' with the move: 'I'd heard that they were going for it and they wanted to get promoted so I was flattered.'
The Daggers have already lost Ben Strevens, Sam Saunders and Danny Foster this summer, but could still sign U`s striker Jamie Guy.
What do you think of this dispute?
Let us know with a comment below, or comment on this article in the forum. Not yet a member? Don't panic, click on the banner below to join in.
|Mellis Becomes Flitcroft's Fourth Capture
» Bury : 01/07/2015 19:08:01
|Bury Brought Forward
» Southend : 01/07/2015 17:56:00
|O'Neill Targeted Again
» Southend : 01/07/2015 17:48:01
|Sharp For Murphy?
» Sheff Utd : 01/07/2015 17:31:01
|Hess Will Thrive
» Gillingham : 01/07/2015 17:21:00