Date:Sunday July 5 2009
Rotherham United`s wantaway striker Reuben Reid has emerged as a possible target for Colchester United.
Club Chief Executive Steve Bradshaw said the club`s search for a striker was ongoing in Friday`s East Anglian Daily Times, and speculation has seen Reid touted after an impressive season in League Two.
The 20-year-old really caught the eye in last season in his first campaign as an automatic selection, but MK Dons recently had a £100,000 bid rejected.
Manager Mark Robbins told the South Yorkshire Star last week: "We'll wait and see if anybody matches our valuation and if they do then we'll take it from there. Until then, he's our player and he'll work towards getting himself in the team and getting himself fit.
"If he wants to prove to people that he's worth his salt then he has to do the right thing by his employers, which is us."
Although the Millers are confident Reid will agree an extension on his current contact, which has a year to run, he himself has been swayed by the possibility of playing football at a higher level.
U`s boss Paul Lambert worked with Reid when taking him on loan to Wycombe from Plymouth in 2007, where he scored once in a clutch of games for the club.
Colchester recently had a £250,000 bid for Shrewsbury striker Grant Holt, reported here on Vital Colchester, rejected. The U`s money to spend after selling Mark Yeates and Dean Gerken to Championship sides already this summer.
Could this player be the answer to Colchester's striking problem?
Let us know with a comment below, or comment on this article in the forum. Not yet a member? Don't panic, click on the banner below to join in.
|Crewe sign off with victory
» Crewe : 03/08/2015 21:51:00
|Defender should return
» Crewe : 03/08/2015 21:34:00
|Hill To Loan A No 4?
» Rochdale : 03/08/2015 20:31:00
|JPT - Rochdale Get Second Round Bye
» Rochdale : 03/08/2015 20:24:00
|Hill Not Happy With MK Dons Win
» Rochdale : 03/08/2015 20:21:01