Flippin` Hell: The End Of Coyne`s Saga
Vital Colchester produced 13 articles on Chris Coyne`s possible transfer as the saga ended yesterday. Now, relive full coverage of the blow-by-blow account!
Coyne's release, by mutural consent, means he is free to take up Perth Glory's on-the-table offer of a three-year contract...
- Vital reports that Chris Coyne has had his contract at Colchester United terminated by mutual consent. "It's time to move on," he tells the Herald Sun
. See here
- U's manager Paul Lambert finally talks publically about the deal, saying that Colchester United had not let the player go, and being crtical on the BBC
on journalists for believing Australian sources. He says there are "no guarantees" over his future at the club. See here.JUNE 15
- Lambert explains to the local Evening Gazette
that Coyne might have been misquoted while on international duty. He says player and club will hold talks when the number five returns to the UK. See here.JUNE 16
- Coyne sits out the game where his country expects to seal qualification to the 2010 World Cup, with Sydney FC and Perth Glory sill rated as frontrunners for his signature. The match turns out to be a 0-0 bore draw, which sees the Oz team top their group and qualify. See here.JUNE 24
- Coyne voted top in a feature on Colchester's biggest wastes of money in club history. See here.JUNE 24
- Perth Glory
offer Chris Coyne firm terms, a three-year contract, but reveals there have been other offers for his services; he says he wants to get football only to go to next summer's World Cup.
Irate fans suggest that Colchester should complain to FIFA about an alledged tapping-up of the player, because the Essex club persist in making no official comment on the possible transfer. Speculation mounts that an A-league move will mean the club loses him for nothing. See here.JUNE 28
- Adelaide, the Oz team, join the race to sing the player, becoming the fourth club to contend for his signatrue. "He's one of the players on the list," says Aurelio Vidmar in Adelaide Now
He also complains that the gree of some players, like Robbie Fowler at rival club Queensland, is stopping talented players from coming through. See here.JUNE 29
- Chris Coyne's brother Jamie says the saga is likely to end soon, although states that he could stay in Europe with his young family. Jamie urgings Chris to accept the Glory's contract offer, which would see the brothers united for the first time since both were schooled at West Ham. See here.JULY 1
- Coyne tells the West Austrillian that he has offers from Asia, the Middle East, Korea and Oz... and that he has some serious thinking to do! See here.JULY 3
- Perth Glory coach, David Mitchell, says Coyne will have joined Glory within the next 48 hours. See here.JULY 6
- With the deal still not done, and Chris Coyne due back in training on July 6 following a holiday and extended break, U's supportes begin to look for Coyne's face in pre-season photos Oh, and a wild rumor surfaces that Luton may resign the player eighteen months after they sold him for £350,000.
Town now play non-league English football following two relegations, brought on largely though Football Association penalties because of the clyb's administration status. They look at unlikely choice for the player. See here.JULY 8
- A report on the highly contentious source of Perth Glory Myspace
claims Coyne has now signed for the club after more than a month of reports. See here.JULY 9
- The Glory deny that join has joined the club, calling a hault on reports that he has already gone for the second time in a month. See here.JULY 9
- Colchester United hold talks with Coyne an agree, finally, to free him from his contract News reports suggest he is already on his way home to become a contendor for the Perth Glory capticy, an honour currently held by his brother, Jamie. He is a free agent. See here.
Are you please or concerned by Coyne's departure?Let us know with a comment below, or comment on this article in the forum. Not yet a member? Don't panic, click on the banner below to join in.
We want to know YOUR thoughts
... VITAL COLCHESTER; YOUR VOICE, YOUR CHOICE! VITAL COLCHESTER IS 100% UNOFFICIAL - FOR THE FANS, BY THE FANS!